Where to buy
Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- Wright's Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix 500g
- Water 200ml
- Vegetable oil (4 tablespoons) 60ml
- 24 paper muffin cases
- Butter or Margarine 200g
Icing Sugar 200g
Cocoa Powder 2 heaped tablespoons
Hot Water 1 tablespoon
Chocolate Buttons 48
Silver Dragee Balls 72
Icing Sugar 2 tablespoon approx.
Little water to mix
METHOD: (Makes up to 24 cakes)
- Place paper cases into muffin trays.
- Mix together all the ingredients listed under "Cake" in a bowl to form a batter.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases, approximately 30g per case.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (400°F) gas mark 6 for approximately 18-20 minutes or until springy to the touch.
- Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- Prepare the chocolate topping by mixing the cocoa powder to a paste with 1 tablespoon hot water.
- Sieve the icing sugar into a mixing bowl, add the butter or margarine and the cocoa mixture.
- Beat the ingredients together well until the mixture reaches a smooth and spreadable consistency, adjusting this with a little more sieved icing sugar if necessary.
- Spread a little topping over each cake. Place two chocolate drops and three silver dragee balls on each cake for the ears, eyes and nose.
- Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of icing sugar with water to a piping consistency and use this to pipe the whiskers on each cake as per the illustration.